Sunday 25 February 2024

Thank you

 ,,, for the comments on my previous post about Shamima Begun,, To answer some questions.

Her daughter died at a year old of malnutrition, her second child a boy also died of malnutrition, her third child another boy died only weeks old of pneumonia.

Yes, she is having Legal Aid and yes I guess we the tax payers are footing the bill. 

Is she dangerous? I don't think so, anyway she'd would be tried as an enemy of the state when she returned and possible imprisoned.

The court case is to revoke the stripping of her British Citizenship which made her Stateless and is illegal according the 1981 British Nationality Act.

I still say she was just a school girl, a 15 year old, not mature enough to recognise what she was being dragged into. When asked would she get back with her husband. when he was released from prison, she said a very emphatic no, she would never stay with him. She was just used by him. 

Imagine, 15 and pregnant away from home and no friends. Of the other 2 girls, one was killed in an explosion and there is a strong possibility that the other one is dead too. They were all separated right away so not together to support each other. 

Good to read others opinions about this..Thank you

However, she is a non white Muslin, and I'm ashamed to say that there are people at all levels in this country who are Islamophobic, even an MP has been sacked for suggesting that Sadiq Khan was being controlled by Islamics. There are rumours that the police are Islamophobic, who can we trust?  

Thank you

Interesting to read all the comments.

Chrisxx

4 comments:

Moira said...

I agree with most of what you are saying, she was a child. The bit about the MP is more complicated we probably don’t know the whole story. I am fed up with the loss of free speech, unable to say something against someone who is of a different colour religion etc when what the are saying/doing is wrong, or not my opinion. The UK is a historical white country who has accepted people from all over the world, so yes we have a lot of white people, with Christian values.

Angela said...

I do not feel I know enough about her situation to comment. It is wrong (legally and morally) to make anyone "stateless" - that is a fact
But I am desperately concerned that "the powers that be" as you described them are continuing to work to erode the human rights of EVERY British citizen, by suggesting the UK should no longer accept the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. If this government moves to debate such a thing, and put it into law, I shall use my OAP railcard & bus pass and go up to Westminster and protest.

Jan said...

Another person who is agreeing with you. She was 15. She was born and raised in the UK and does not have another citizenship.

I am shocked that someone wouldn’t know how her three children died - it was all over the papers.

jabblog said...

Racism cuts many ways and I often feel that racist attitudes are shown to white people.
In my family there are Jews, Christians Parsis, agnostics and atheists. Our skin colours range from 'white' to brown. My first six grandchildren don't look as though they all belong in the same family, but they do.
It is appalling to judge people on the colour of their skins or their beliefs.