Monday 12 February 2024

I liked it.

I've read quite a few of Jojo Moyes books and some like 'The Giver of Stars,' have been excellent, some others good entertainment, and others ?? I get so far into the book and think, why am I reading this and want to give up, but struggle on. Some I say, when asked for my opinion, it was a hundred pages too long and rather facile! But then who am I to decide if a book is good literature?
Well, I do read a lot and do try to vary my authors, and I do like some authors more than others and read everything they have written. 
But this one book although listed as 'chick lit' by some,  IMO is a good read. I do like a book that I can look forward to at bed time and this one did.
A simple mix up of bags in a gym locker room, means that the owners have the wrong bags and hence the wrong shoes.
For one it turns out quite advantageous and the other, well that's the story of what happened next. 
I enjoyed and warmed to Sam and desperately wanted her to keep the 'back bone,' the shoes seemed to give her. 
And Nisha found friends in the most unlikely places, that she wouldn't have believed could happen. The story fairly raced along and kept me interested wanting to know what happened next.
If you read it, I hope you'll like it, I did.

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Mari said...

I've read several of her books and enjoyed them, Giver of Stars was very good. I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Sue said...

It sounds like a nice easy sort of read, I do like a book with a unique aspect that grabs my attention. I'm assuming they both took the same size shoes!

jabblog said...

Don't worry what critics say about books - if a book pleases you, that's good enough.

Boud said...

I enjoyed a couple of JoJo Moyes, and thought they were a fun swift read (see what I did there?) and I was surprised at how seriously some book group friends took them.

Elizabethd said...

I have read many of her books but have not come across that one. I must look on amazon.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Glad you enjoyed the book. It's good to have a book to look forward in the evenings.

Cherie said...

I've enjoyed a few JoJo Moyes. My current favourite author is JD Robb who also writes as Nora Roberts.