Wednesday 7 February 2024

Singing in the rain.

While these were the dismal scenes outside yesterday, we were singing our hearts out in the church hall for our choir practice.

 Who cares about rain when you're singing..

'And the rhythm of life has a powerful beat.

Put a tingle in your fingers and a tingle in your feet!'

At the top of your voice and tapping your feet.


Such good fun and it was like this outside, a real miserable day.
The prom was deserted.
Thank goodness we weren't on holiday!
We ended with a song from 'My Fair Lady'
'I could have danced all night'
And we could have!!

Singing is good for you

It relieves stress, it improves your lung function, it stimulates your immune response. enhances memory, improves mental health, helps to improves speaking abilities. and in a group, develops a sense of belonging and connection and it certainly chases the blues away.

And best of all we love it.. and the sound is beautiful, well it will be when we all know our parts!
Do you like singing?
Chrisxx
Edited to say I could have danced all night, was from My Fair Lady thank you Angela.

10 comments:

Angela said...

I love singing, despite having no sense of rhythm and the inability to hold a tune. I enjoy belting out the old hymns in a crowded church (where my off-notes are hidden by everyone else's melodies) I love musicals. Danced All Night is from My Fair Lady, Shall We Dance is the one in King And I. Both good songs! It was very wet and windy yesterday afternoon, fortunately it started just after we got home.

Sooze said...

I've always loved singing along with songs on the radio or TV, and even karaoke. Not so much now as my singing voice has got quite croaky and even more out of tune as I've aged. Love musicals, My Fair Lady being my favourite along with Phantom of the Opera.

jabblog said...

Anything that takes your mind off foul weather is to be welcomed.

Mari said...

It was cloudy and dreary here yesterday too. I like singing, and have been in choirs. Now I just sing with the radio, or sometimes at home when playing the piano.

Marie Smith said...

Love that first photo! Singing is good for the soul!

Catherine said...

It is also rainy and cloudy today but here we are used to it. Singing is a very happy time.

Granny Marigold said...

I've always wished I could sing but alas__I cannot.

Jennifer said...

I agree - singing makes me feel happy:) Granted, most of my singing is not solo (as in alone and without anyone else around!) but that is fine with me. I can just sing louder!:)

Joy said...

Singing is wonderful, I agree; great for both physical and mental well being. xx

Bless said...

I love to sing although my daughter says I sing off key! :D