Friday 2 February 2024

Pants or Knickers

This week blog hopping, I came across a blog, where the blog writer had knitted herself some knickers! They looked ok too, made from soft cotton. I don't think I'd do that these days, although I did sew my daughter matching knicks to go with the dresses I made her. when she was little. And when boy's boxer shorts came into fashion. I did sew several for my youngest on on his request, he was 15. He then made a couple himself, from a satin material with hearts on it! (I didn't ask!)

When I tripped and broke my arm, I couldn't manage my knicks, I couldn't push them off and I certainly couldn't pull them up. So I didn't wear any for years. Summer and winter, friends who knew  asked whether I felt cold, but I didn't. I suppose I got used to it.

On one occasion, when I had a follow up hospital appointment in London. I did wear some, so we had some strange looks when Dh and I emerged from a disable loo together!  

And these days I wear comfortable knickers from that store renown for its underwear, no, not Ann Summers but M&S!!

Is comfort your priority?

Chrisxx

11 comments:

Poppy and Me said...

You are right. M & S are the only shop with comfortable underware. Happy Friday. Val

Angela said...

I sewed myself some pretty "French knickers" when I was a student. And 40 years later sewed some briefs with inbuilt pant-liners (now these are available everywhere, including M&S) But NEVER knitted knicks! I'd feel slightly insecure if I went without.I appreciate there are problems pulling them up for many people though.

jabblog said...

I worked with someone who never wore pants.
Comfort all the way for me. I discovered Boody underwear - made from bamboo.

Jo said...

I've always bought my underwear from Marks & Spencer, I remember my mum always taking me there when I was little and I've carried on ever since.

Marie Smith said...

I follow Boud as well, the woman who made the knickers. Such a talented woman with so much to share. I learn something from her every day!

Have a great day!

Frugally challenged said...

I'm definitely a big knicker girl who dresses for comfort. Sloggi every time here!

Gill said...

I always buy M&S underwear and in fact going there tomorrow to buy some new bras. Can't wear wired ones and the M&S ones are very comfy. I can remember wearing a knitted swimsuit, Gran's handiwork, and it was lovely until it got wet and sagged down to my knees! Xx

Boud said...

Thanks so much for the shoutouts! The undies are comfortable. I've made other pairs with knitted fabric, usually up cycled from knitted sheets, and this is my first shot at knitting my own fabric! They fit so much better than bought ones. It helps to be a small woman -- faster to finish! I just modeled the size and shaping on a pair of bought underwear, and it worked fine.

Joy said...

Comfort is definitely priority - I mean, why not. And, yes, M&S although Matalan does some comfortable stuff too amid the fashion. xx

Liz Hinds said...

Definitely comfort first! I'd feel exposed without knickers.

Bless said...

I go for comfort, too, although I buy from brands that are available here. When I was little, however, my mother sewed all my undies, because you couldn't buy any ready-made ones in that place, at that time! :)