Monday, 7 September 2026

All done and enough for family too!

 We prepared all the ingredients on Saturday afternoon. I peeled the tomatoes, took for ever, even with hot water!


Dh peeled and chopped the apples and onions. We have one of those chopper thingies, which I bought for him!(He likes kitchen gadgets as a gift!)
So all in with the vinegar, it was left to marinate over night.
We added the ginger, salt, spices on Sunday afternoon and it simmered away, permeating our bungalow with the delicious smells!


And, here it is in jars waiting for labels. 8 in total, but they are all different sizes.

 
It will be very tasty with cold meats and a strong cheese!
But I shall restrain myself being on a food plan to lose weight, altho' it is no worse than any bought chutney.
We loved cooking together again in the kitchen!
If you want to try it, the ginger packs a punch!

Chrisxx

No comments: