Thursday, 17 September 2026

7 to 70 UP!

  I see blogs are up the spout again, which is a real pesk and the reason I gave up my other blog, and this craft blog changed to news items.

                                                   *****

Have you been watching this programme, first started in 1964 when all 12 were seven years old.


I first saw the first episode in 1979 when I was doing my Degree in Education and I've seen most of the other episodes since then.
In a way it was prejudicial, as there were 8 boys and 4 girls. 3 of the girls went to a Comprehensive in East London, and the 4th was a poor little rich girl! Of the boys, three were in a private school and came over as very upper class and snobbish.

Nick the young lad who was a farmer's son and started his school life in a one class school, became Nuclear Scientist and a lecturer in an American Anniversary. Sadly he had developed throat cancer and asked to speak for the year 70 Programme before the programme, and died three days after.

Listening to them in the first of the final episodes, what came across to me, were the regrets in their lives, as well as the joys of their achievements.
It is well worth watching and made me go through my life every 7 years to remember what I did.
If you think of your own lives, you might be surprised when you look at it every 7 years as to what you've done.

Chrisxx

No comments: