Thursday 25 August 2022

Another problem, to decide on.

 I am still having urinary problems and the latest treatment I was given by my local Drs was two sachets of powder which contained an antibiotic, to be taken 3 days apart!!

So I drank the first one last evening obeying the instruction, in a glass of water 2 hours after food or could have been 1 hour before, fully confident that I'd have a good nights sleep.. ha ha, did I heck??

Nope I slept for 2 1/2 hours, then woke for the loo and then had to visit the loo every half hour or there about. Gave up at 5am and got up and read my book, but did then doze in my arm chair after my own Cystitis relief bought remedy and 2 paracetamol!

It's difficult to get through to our surgery for a Dr app, which would only be a telephone app. anyway. ( I was 90 mins one morning) This is now a chronic problem because I never really have sufficient treatment, when I have had a really bad bout of cystitis... According to the Urologist I saw, the best treatment should be a double amount of time of taking the antibiotics, ie. 2 lots over 4 weeks. I'm still waiting for my follow up app. with him. Grrr in the mean time I'm sleep deprived in a lot of discomfort.. Getting old with a failing NHS is agony! 

But who cares?? Now GPs are asking for more pay and threatening to drop out of the NHS, if they do I think they should pay for their training either in money or constant pain! What would you vote for how they could  pay, money or constant discomfort for months and months? I know what I would wish for them!!

Chrisxx

8 comments:

Eileen H said...

I do feel sorry for you Chris but sadly the NHS is failing us all. Personally I think GPs should repay some of their training money just like in the military when soldiers have to buy themselves out. I wouldn't wish constant pain on anybody.

Anonymous said...

Your doctors sound bad, our surgery gives a 3 day prescription after speaking to nurse and confirming your symptoms, treatment quickly.

Moira said...

I feel for you the NHS is broken and has been since before covid. Three years ago I had a bowel and kidney infection the doctor gave me amoxicillin and I felt a bit better but still very ill, then the doctor said she would monitor me for three weeks, I was frightened of getting septic but I had a back up, I am a duel UK SouthAfrican resident and have private medical in SA we flew out that day and had an appointment on arrival and was treated with strong antibiotics and recovered. We phoned my husbands urologist in SA the other week about a problem it was reassuring just to speak to him, by the way that telephone consultation was not charged.

Will said...

Somewhere else today I was reading about old-style GP practices, as I remembered from my childhood, when you could just turn up at their house in an emergency (as I did once with a severe cut) and be seen. Both my brother and I were patients of such a GP from him bringing us into the world at a home birth to us leaving home to go to uni. A totally different experience to today, or even recent pre COVID.

Joy said...

I'm so very sorry you have been so unwell. Cystitis is no joke and utter misery.
Sending love.
xx

Rosie said...

So sorry you are still feeling unwell. I hope things can be sorted soon. I too am struggling with medication that needs changing but can't seem to get an appointment with the department at the hospital I am supposed to be in contact with, just letter after letter from them cancelling and then not ringing when they say they will. I know they are under stress and I feel quite concerned at the way things are going.

meandmysmallcorner said...


I am so sorry that you are still not well and the cystitis has not cleared up. It seems like the times when we could just pop along to see our GP are long gone and phone consultations are the new way. Not the right way as far as I am concerned though. Sending love x

16 blessings'mom said...

Chris, I am not a dr., but have had some bad experiences with UTIs. A few years back, a strong antibiotic brought on some rough side effects, put me in the hospital overnight for heart issues related to the meds. I somehow discovered D-Mannose, you should look it up and read about it. Whenever I start getting those twinges of pain, the start of UTI problems, I take a few D-mannose, and it goes away. A few of my daughters have also taken to using it, and haven't had to take antibiotics anymore. Of course I'm not trying to give you medical advice, just look into it for yourself, and see if it's something that might ward off more serious problems in the future. It is awful how the healthcare system these days...
Della