Thursday 28 July 2022

Did you watch it?

An age gone by, 40 years and it's ending.  But this became my favourite song.

https://youtu.be/aGuNsiSZ9RI?t=12

I once caused a 'people jam' in a shop doorway.. I'd gone there because a friend had said they had a good selection of pure wool. As I was leaving, the in store music changed to this song, 'Especially for You,' by Kylie and Jason and I stopped to sing along with people building up behind trying to get out!

When my daughter who was then in Uni, probably 1988 came home in her first break, she had to watch 'Neighbours' because everyone in her Halls all watched it. I didn't even know there was day time tele! As soon as I got home from work, she'd have a cup of tea ready for us to watch at the 5:30 slot, she had already seen it earlier in the day!

And now after  40 years the very last episode is tomorrow evening, will I watch it? I didn't follow it years ago, but yes I will watch it, it is the end of an era, and good memories of watching it with my daughter.

Did you ever watch it?

Chrisxx

PS The anti-biotics have kicked in and it so good not to have to go to the loo umpteen times day and night!

2 comments:

Terra said...

I don't know what Neighbors is but how sad viewers must be to see it end after all those years. I have been watching the British soap opera Eastenders since its beginning, that is many decades now and I hope it goes on for many more decades. We get to know the characters over the years.

Eileen H said...

No I've never watched Neighbours but I do like the song Especially For You. I watch Emmerdale and Coronation Street,long running soaps but I don't watch Eastenders.