Tuesday 26 July 2022

What I want for Rishi and Liz.

 I had such a miserable day yesterday. I'd had a very bad night, up to the loo about 6 or maybe 7 times, I lost count, so I was tired and I was 'snippy!' I decided enough was enough and phoned the surgery. It took 8 minutes to get through as it was continuously engaged, then,  when I did get through, I was number 11 in the queue; 48 minutes later I spoke to a 'call handler.'

A Dr would phone me I was told, that was 9:05am I waited all morning, she phoned at 3:15pm. Not my usual Dr a new female one.

I explained, but she had my records there in front of her so knew my problem or did she? It was as though she couldn't get off the phone fast enough. She said I could try a different tablet. 

 She has given me, tablets I had years ago and half that dose! What!!! What help will that do?

I'd like Rishi Sunak and Liz Trust to be a patient of the NHS for one week and have a problem. They would not be allowed to have anything more than one of us ordinary patients. I'd like them to them to have to wait on the phone for ages, talk to someone who has no real idea what it's like to suffer, be someone, who is anxious and old and fed up to the teeth of an onward going problem. I want them to have pain, inconvenience and be so tired that even crying is too exhausting.. And the treatment? Just some tablets that probably were cheaper than the regular tabs. 

Yes I think the NHS is failing me and hundreds more.. and what do MPs do, they go privately. 

Chrisxx


6 comments:

Joy said...

Totally agree. xx

Poppypatchwork said...

More people are paying to have their medical situation sorted, which is OK if you can afford it, the rest of us wait and wait, sadly having paid into the system all our working lives, it's failing just at the time we need it most.

Maggie said...

Oh if only any of them lived in the real world they would feel completely different about things. Getting to see a doctor is a nightmare, you got through fairly quickly, you can start phoning our docs at 8am and be No. 30 something in the queue, it's a joke. But It won't really matter who is in government because the NHS is miss-managed, that needs to be sorted out, not more money thrown at it.
Hope you feel better soon and get your tablets sorted.

kjsutcliffe said...

I feel for the NHS generally - they are so stretched thin that they are leaving in droves - which makes it worse for the patient :(
And the MPs?- they don't seem to care/know/comprehend/even bother. Feel better soon x

Eileen H said...

It won't matter who the next Tory leader is the NHS is struggling to cope and it's a big problem trying to see a GP. I'm very lucky I was able to have my cancer treatment during the pandemic but was warned at diagnosis in March 2020 it may not happen so I suppose I'm one of he lucky ones. I hope you can get your medication sorted and feel better soon xx

Rosie said...

I know what you mean about the phone queue, I think I was once as far back as number fifteen. It is hard to speak to a GP and unfortunately I stayed in for a telephone appointment last week from the hospital but never received a call. Having said that when I was taken to hospital in May everyone from paramedics to nursing staff to those who came round with refreshments were wonderful even though they were stressed at times. I hope that you receive more suitable treatment soon:)