Tuesday 12 July 2022

How things change.

Phew tis 'ot, so yesterday we struggled to have our Monday 'Diane' session. Diane was our cleaner in Suffolk, she was ok and it helped to have her, when we were first there, as I had those two operations on my arm and shoulder and could do very little, so any cleaning was better than none. She was a very pleasant young woman and brought us the gossip of the town!

But here we can do our own cleaning and apart from the lounge we have laminate flooring, so this little mop is ideal and as it is light I can use it left handed. My step daughter who has laminate flooring agreed it was a 'whizz' to use. I laughed so much when she said how she loved hers. A young woman agreeing to like a floor clearing mop!

40 years ago when I was in College as a Mature student studying for my degree, the young straight out of school girls were horrified, when I said I'd had a food mixer as my Christmas present.  Little did they know, I was grateful my then husband had given me anything, and thinking about it now, there is a good probability he was given it by a firm he did business with.
They thought it was awful that my present was a household one. 
In my eyes it was a dream come true, a food mixer!! As far as I was concerned I'd reached the dizzy heights of the upper classes! And it made super Victoria Sponges.
How things have changed,  my young step daughter loving  a floor mop! What about you, would you mind a present that was a household one?
Chrisxx
 

 

6 comments:

Rae said...

An ex-boyfriend gave me new tires and a tool box for my pickup and I was so grateful because I could not afford them, at the time. The tool box was handy for putting things out of the rain, when we were in the truck together such as groceries etc. I think I would be okay with it today, if my husband were to buy me something household related, although, if I have a need for something, I pretty much just buy it for myself. The exception, is if it's quite spendy, then we discuss if we should purchase something and sometimes he will research it and find a better one but less expensive. Ranee (MN)

Heather said...

My late husband bought me a dualit toaster for a present once then he bought me a kitchen aid mixer for my anniversary and I loved both gifts and still do. I always love practical gifts and he used to like things for his car. Heather

Joanne Noragon said...

A useful gift is a thoughtful gift, no matter the timing.

Eileen H said...

Any household items we need we usually discuss and buy from our joint account. I'm very happy to have perfume etc as gifts from my husband. So many great labour saving household objects available to us these days, it must have been hard work in days gone by.

Rosie said...

I remember we once received a deep fat fryer for Christmas, I don't think we ever used it and it eventually got passed on. I'd like a speedmop now for our laminate floor:)

meandmysmallcorner said...


We have one of those mops here, although it belongs to D. She was singing its praises from day one and has now converted me to the virtues of this product.
I am more than happy to receive a household item if it will make life easier x