Thursday 26 June 2014

A weeks rest....


I have had a week’s rest.. rest from what you might ask.. the diet of course!
I just needed to let it go for a few days and now I have gained 1 ½ pounds.. it started with the strawberry jam, which you have to eat with scones and clotted cream and then yesterday a grand blow out. No.... not lots of chocolate biscuits but tasty bits for lunch from Waitrose. Spicy chicken pieces, veg spring rolls, and BBQ ribs with garlic bread and then lemon cheese cake with thick cream to finish. So I suppose I should be glad it is only 1 ½ pounds. It could have been more.
So today is a new day, back to the food plan and I will go for a walk. I say that every day and every day my DH goes by himself with the dog. But TODAY I will ...I really will. So I best get myself off this butt magnet.. blogging takes time. Not the writing but reading other blogs and then there is my other favourite waste of time… Pinterest.
Being overweight isn’t something a slim sylph like person could understand, its more than just fat, it’s a whole world of misery. Every day you are hit with it. TV ads, clothes shops that only sell tops and dresses that look as though they haven’t use even a half a yard to make, draped on stick thin mannequins. Drink more water, only eat fat free, walk lots, don't eat this, don't eat that.. its a world for thin people!
Shop windows positioned to show you how much blubber you have. The sight of that should be enough to give me a kick up the bum but no....  I am miserable again and feel I have failed when I was doing so well.
But today is a new day… watch out walking shoes here I come!  

x
 
PS Does anybody know if you lose a lot of weigh, do you lose it off your feet as well?

 

10 comments:

Julie said...

{{sending you a friendly hug}}
Enjoy your walk, make the most of the sunshine, I just heard the weatherman say we are in for some of the wet stuff. xx

cucki said...

Lol..
Oh dear I love scones and cream and jam and it's so yummyyyy ..
Big beary hugs for you ..he he he

Kate said...

Don't give up Chris, it is hard but it is worth it. Life gets in the way and prevents us being 100% on plan - just step back to it as soon as you can and don't look back - you're not going that way. Hope you enjoy your walk. I'm a pinterestaholic too!

Vickie said...

Well Chris, life is too short to not enjoy treats now and then. Go for that walk. I hope you find out you like it. I hope you make it a habit. It could happen! ;)

Theresa said...

You go girl! I will be walking with you:) Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

Shirley said...

Good Morning, There is so many diets out there for you to try, but I found I do better by just watching what I eat. We all deserve something special at times even though we may gain back some of what we lost. I am trying to catch up with friends this morning, I read but I don't always get to leave a comment. My summer is spent watching the boys do their things. It keeps grandma young. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

aimee said...

It's a new day Chris. Let go of the past and move on to your future minus any old regrets :)
Blessings,
Aimee

Jay said...

I love scones with jam and clotted cream, and I'm currently heavier than I should be but I love food!
Strangely when I gain or lose weight it always goes on or off my hands and feet - not sure if it does for everyone.

gracie said...

One day at a time....

Penny said...

Oh, Chris ~ watching our weight is a tough thing. I never had a problem until I hit 50 and from some mysterious place 20 pounds appeared. :) I think it is just one of those things ~ some days are easier than others. I think you have a great attitude ~ today is a new day. Hugs to you. :)