Monday 30 June 2014

Some cross stitch to post about at last!

Some pictures of cross stitch at last. I bet you were all thinking was I ever going to stitch anything  again. It's been such a long time since I have posted anything about stitching.
This was the Summer exchange on NH
I sent this little pillow and as the person I sent to loves France I translated the words Summer Time into French... so it says..L' heure D’ été ...roughly translated The Hour of Summer! 

And into the little cloud I stitched  some silver thread so her clouds would always have a silver lining.
I received this, which I will use when DH and I have coffee in our conservatory.. which has been painted at last.. you can just see the wall behind. The colour is called 'Willow' which will suit our lounge/ dining room colours which is all on the way to be changed from the gold/ raspberry pinks to aqua greens and red and beige plaid covered furniture..

Its all happening but oh so slowly trying to coordinate furniture, carpets and plasterer for the artex ceiling is not an easy feat!
But happy days, it will all be done in time.

It's a brilliantly sunshiny day after yesterdays drizzle in which the Community Choir of which we are members, sang in the rain in the park! We must be mad!!

Love to all.. I am walking in the park with DH and our dog Nell now, the first day of my new regime! And I am feeling good and in the pink!! Tra la la
xxx
 

4 comments:

cucki said...

Aww sweet beautiful stitches
I love it
Enjoy your day x

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love the silver lining touch! I don't think I would have thought of that.

Good luck on your new regime!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What a lovely pillow and I like the idea of silver threads around the clouds. I must remember that one :). Also like the coaster you received.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love my pillow - thank you Chris :) glad the coaster will fit in your new conservatory :)