Monday 19 April 2010

Progress...



This has been slowly growing although I have found all the half stitches filling in the back ground a bit tedious!
In spite of that I still love the design.

But as a little aside as it were, I stitched these two Shepherd Bush designs

As I only had charts and not the buttons or charms I have used what I had and painted them with nail polish to be red!
I didn't follow the suggested colours as I am using threads from my stash but wish now I had used a darker blue for the writing on Be True... still its done and I like them both. I am wondering if  I should do one other to have a group of three. I have some small frames that I am going to use so a third would be nice!
I haven't stitched anything else all week as the garden has taken a lot of time and I have been busy pricking out seedlings and potting on small plants to encourage them to grow stronger in the green house before I plant them outside.. there is alway so much to be done!

I want to sort out what stitching to do at Clare's stitchy day next saturday, although my car is still in the garage having its bump repaired where some one drove into me back in February., so it had better done!! I am really looking forward to saturday... wahoooooo a stitchy away day!

12 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

Lovely finishes!

Barb said...

Very pretty Chris, and have a great day on Saturday just too far for me or I would be there too. I have just come in from the garden half and hour is enough for me ,it is so warm out there I am dripping so off to the shower , I hate feeling hot and bothered.lol, much rather be cool calm and collected lol.Bet your garden will be a picture again

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely finishes. Clever idea to use red nail polish on the buttons.

Julie said...

Nice WIP and the Shepherds Bush finishes are lovely.

DH and i were in the garden all weekend, you have to make the most of the sunshiney days this time of the year.

See you Saturday!

Justflo said...

Congrats on your lovely finishes.

Very inventive using the nail polish.

Happy stitching to you.

Karan said...

Winter is looking lovely - well worth plugging away at those half stitches. The two SB finishes are so pretty & they'd look great displayed as a set of two... or three. :0)
Bet your garden is going to look lovely after all this hard work. So envy you going to the meet-up but this year it's clashed with a Healing Course I'm taking. Oh well, maybe next year? :0)

Daffycat said...

Great finishes and lovely progress on your WIP. Clever idea to paint those buttons!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

It is all looking beautiful. A x

Carolyn NC said...

Great finishes!

Jane said...

WIP looks lovely, can't wait to see the finished piece! The two Shepherds Bush designs are lovely and colourful and love the idea of painting the buttons with nail varnish - will definitely be trying that one out. Isn't the weather gorgeous, it's just right for gardening ~ I spent most of yesterday combining the two - stitching IN the garden !!! xxx

Lois said...

What nice WIPs and I love your SB finish. Enjoy your stitchy day on Saturday!

Melanie said...

Lovely finishes!! :)