Tuesday 13 April 2010

Some quiet after a stress time!

We have had a weekend away for Mike's son's wedding. We nearly didn't go.. family rows and stress had got to us both on thursday and we were in half a mind to scrap the weekend altogether. Meeting family members at the wedding especially the not so friendly ones and the gossipy ones was stressful, I said never again!!
So back home we have tried to put it behind us and enjoy the spring sunshine.
The whole thing made me think of how precious quiet times can be.
I came across this saying and thought how true it is...

“When you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” ~ Victor Hugo

And then I got to thinking about 'quiet'

The Greek word used for "quiet" is....
Hesuchazo.

*to rest, cease from labor

*to lead a quiet life, said of those who are not running hither and thither
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so these are my 10 things to enjoy.. R&R

1. Enjoy the life God has given and never let anyone take the joy out of it.

2. Enjoy a weekly day off

3. Schedule in ‘day dreaming time’

4. Enjoy friendships where you can be your real self and laugh.

5. Get together with a friend and share the deep things going on in your life.

6. Enjoy the outdoors.

7. Enjoy sleep.

8. Choose to make decisions by goodness rather than fear of the bad.

9. Enjoy God's blessings there are many we take for granted.

10. Have a set time to be with God each day.

Today the sun is shining and I am laughing from the bottom of my soul, all is well in my world regardless of that family, thank God its not mine!

8 comments:

Parsley said...

I understand about that kind of stress. At least it was for a short time and now it's over.

Great tips on stress relief. I need them. I just gave me dog a shot of insulin for the first time. ugh.

Karan said...

Sorry to hear about the stressful times (((((hugs))))). I long since decided that life is too short to put up with hassles like that.... opting out of it has meant a much happier me. Sounds like you've sussed it too. :0)

Julie said...

Hope the wedding went well and the bride looked radiant.

Trying hard to be stress-free here too.

Carolyn NC said...

Glad you're able to enjoy the quiet after the stress. Good tips!

Jane said...

Hi Chris
Weddings and families they're not always the best ingredients for a stress-free time are they!!
Now cross-stitching & blogging they work perfect for me and now the sun is appearing regularly I go to bed a happy bunny - enjoy the quiet xxx

Kathy A. said...

Isn't it a shame when something so beautiful is tainted by family issues.
I enjoy your stress relievers. Could use a few of those myself at times.
Hoping you have a wonderful, stress free day.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Sorry to hear about family strife but a lovely post nevertheless. I particularly liked the Hugo quote. A x

Barb said...

Loved the Victor Hugo quote Chris, why are some people in families so obnoxious and upsetting , you sound like a real nice couple so its their loss .