Friday 23 April 2010

A Finish and a new Start!

I have finished my Winter design!! Wahooo! I loved the holly leaves and berries but I found all the half stitches to fill in the back ground a bit tedious.

I was worried about the seed heads but they have turned out really well. The writing round the edge was strange as the ‘V’s weren’t symmetrical, in that there were more spaces on one side of the point than the other and I thought it looked odd so I evened them up!!

I will probably now order the Summer or Spring one, I can’t decided which as I love them both.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I have started the design I bought at the NEC Hobby Craft show. I love these Janlynn designs and this will be my third although with my ‘Cat’ one I ended up on Gaynor’s Sal to get it finished. I have another one which is a UFO and it is right at the bottom of my stash bag! I might dig it out although I doubt I’ll finish it. It was called Stitchers Sampler and it looked fine when I bought it ages ago and now???

With this new Houses one I am using a 28c even weave in a blue-grey colour, rather than 14c Aida supplied with it.

I shall probably be taking this with me tomorrow to the Stitch & Stash get together in Nuneaton which I am really looking forward to. It will be lovely to meet Clare and Hazel again and Jacquie and I believe ‘Bagpuss’ Julie is coming too! Its going to be a great day
I am also taking my finished Beatrix and my Blue Ribbon Between the Lines just to show!
I hope those who so take finished work will this time too as there are some fabulous pieces, inspirational and amazing. Just what I need!




12 comments:

Leslie: said...

Oh I just love the winter design. Why don't you order both spring and summer and then if they bring out one for fall, you'll have the entire set! :D

Kathy A. said...

Lovely finish.
Your new kit is great. The SF houses will be fun.
Enjoy your get together.
Is it Clare from Mrs. Sew and Sew?

Sally said...

Beautiful finish Chris!

Jane said...

It's lovely Chris and those 'tedious' half-stitches were so worth it. Really looking forward to seeing your new piece grow, I love to see houses being stitched, it always make me wonder what or who would be inside them!!
Have a lovely weekend, so envious of your stitchy get-together, I literally know no-one here in the South who has a passion for cross-stitching so look foward to hearing your news xxx

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your finish. It is lovely. I like your new kit. Hope you have a lovely weekend at Nuneaton. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Karan said...

Well done on a very lovely finish Chris. If you can't decide.... get both! ;0) LOL Will enjoy seeing the new start grow. Have fun at the meet up - hope you take some pics & post them, so we can see what you all got up to. :0)

Lumiruusu said...

Bautifull finish,I like the colours especially the red !
You will have great time together with your stitching friends!
With blessings,
Lumiruusu

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Beautiful work - you are very talented Chris. A x

Carolyn NC said...

This is just beautiful! Nice new start, too.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your finish is gorgeous! Great new start!

Unknown said...

Oh my Chris-- this is gorgeous! I love your new kit-- that will be stunning as well. I am glad I took a look see at your blog as it was so nice to see your work!

Julie said...

I loved seeing Winter close, its a fabulous piece of stitching, well done