Saturday 31 December 2022

Resolutions?

         I'm taking this idea from Kirsten at Letters from Home.




And I think it will suit me, instead of Resolutions, Good ideas!

1. Lose at least 1 pound each week.
2. Walk at least 3 times a week and achieve my 1200 step count or more.
3. Use a yogurt with squirty cream instead of ice cream.
4 Fill 2 carrier bags a month for the charity shop.

They are sort of Resolutions but I don't feel pressurized, but I do have one Resolution and that is to stop sitting and dozing in my chair after I've had a sleepless night..
So get showered and dressed after my morning cuppa, even if I've been awake in the night for hours!! My one resolution which will be hard because I've got into the habit of not getting showered and dressed till 10 ish if we're not going out.....
..... is to ....Shower and dress before 9:30am! ( I thought before 9 but that would be planning for failure, so 9:30 am will be fine)
 
The Good Ideas are not too taxing so I can't achieve them, but just ideas to guide me.
I'm remembering what Rachel, our old SW consultant said to me, when the urge to eat 'foods that didn't fit the SW food plan.' 
Think.. 'Do I want to lose weight?'  And its working for me.

So I wish all my blogger friends.

 A Very Happy and Heathy New Year.

 Chrisxx

2 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I love your list. Whether you call them Resolutions or not it's great to new goals. I'm going to steal the one about yogurt. I need to cut down on my ice cream consumption.

meandmysmallcorner said...

Good ideas not resolutions what a lovely way to see things. Best wishes with your ideas.
Happy New Year Chris xx