Tuesday 6 December 2022

The Constant Battle


Our present sliming world group meetings are always entertaining and fun, unlike some that I've been to which were very, very boring.
Our consultant is an absolute hoot and if you could lose weight from laughing, we'd all be skinny!!
Most weeks she tells us how much the combined weight loss of the group is. Pre-Christmas the numbers have dropped off, as it seems that is usual; post-Christmas the number of people joining is huge.
This past week the combined weight loss of the group was 42 1/2 pounds, and that 1/2 pound was mine! I am so proud that I could swell the loss by that 1/2 pound, wa-hoooo me!!
So, I am not going to lose that stone in weight by Christmas at this rate, but 12 pounds over............ months isn't so bad. And I probably won't lose even a half this week, as I've had two mince pies already! But hey ho, if I wasn't struggling to lose weight, I could be struggling to give up alcohol, or drugs like some people. And not losing any weight is not so bad, it's only this week. next week I will lose and when I put my mind to it, I will and maybe even more than a half.

So my battle goes on and on and on and on and ......................

Do you want to lose weight, did lockdown get to you too?

Chrisxx

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I was doing really well in weight loss until my mother died and then sadness, loneliness etc and I’ve put on some. But my sister and I are both endeavouring to lose some kilograms!

Ann said...

I belong to the online Slimming Worls, as I am too deaf to go to a group. I’m 69, and on medication, so I lose really slowly, 2 stone in ten and a half months. We have a forum, called community which I read and post on most days, and the online consultants, who also run groups do zoom meetings, which come with subtitles. So if you ever get fed up with group, the online would welcome you. have a good Christmas 🎄🎄🎄🎄

Joy said...

Half a pound is great, Chris - well done. I never knock half a pound off. xx

meandmysmallcorner said...

Your slimming group sounds like they are a lovely bunch of people to be with Chris. I'm not good at losing those pounds but I am trying to eat more healthly and to eat smaller portions than I perhaps did in the past. Christmas will not be easy!!

Buttercup said...

Cheers to you! I belong to Weight Watchers in America and that has been so helpful. I did pretty well during lockdown and lost what I had gained earlier this year. Some of it is back and I'm working to get back to where I was in the summer. It's going well and I'm limiting my holiday treats. My god-daughter is getting married in the summer and there will be photographs. Merry and healthy wishes to you.