Friday 30 December 2022

No ones time??

 Here we are in that time of year when Christmas has gone and New Year is yet to come, when its difficult to know what day it is, a sort of 'no ones time.'  The weather has been rainy and when it stopped it was drippy everywhere. I don't like walking on the best of days but wet puts me right off altho'  I have done quite a bit of walking since moving back here. 

This road leads to the front promenade from Rest Bay, a popular place for water sports. It gets very crowded in the summer months.



I haven't walked along here for many years, but I used to when my children were small,  there is a path bordering  the common, all along down along the coast. I had a push chair with the three squashed in, and then down into town about 2 miles and back again walking back up South Rd. 
(Number 4 child was born in Essex)

Today I'm happy to look out of the car window as Dh drives.
I will be walking this year to keep on losing weight.
I gained 2 pounds over Christmas, which I was very pleased with; some ladies put on loads, one 7 pounds!  
We're back on the SW plan, and I've decided I'd like to lose 10 pounds before my Amaryllis flowers. I planted up the huge bulb yesterday, so now who will win, me or the Amaryllis?
Watch this space  if you're interested; I'll photo the Amaryllis growth and honestly report my weight loss.


Chrisxx










3 comments:

Maggie said...

One of my goals for next year is to try to get out for a walk everyday, I've got lazy over walking, plus my ankle was giving me sone gyp for most of the summer so that put me off. Well done on only gaining 2lb, it's hard to resist all the food this time of year, I dread to think what I've gained!
Had to ask hubby this morning what day it was, all the days roll into one this time of year.
Happy New year to you, hope it's a good one

Poppypatchwork said...

It's brilliant living so close to the sea, your view is much better than ours, we find it's the weather which stops us going out, we don't like to walk in the rain. Happy New Year.

Joy said...

I've put on loads - not saying how much - and your mini gain sounds fantastic - good for you!

Wishing you a very happy and satisfying New Year. xx