Wednesday 21 December 2022

Are you ready?


It was a tremendous effort on my part,  but we have a real Christmas tree and its fully decorated, I didn't feel in the mood!
But on Saturday we ventured into our little town and what a picture it was.. Carols from two different choirs and the man  himself was there in the museum giving out presents. The local Round Table had set up a snow machine and to see the joy on the children's faces was delightful.
Dh and I walked the length of the main street and looked at all the Christmas decorated shop windows, which were lovely. Wrapped up warm and just ambling along taking in the atmosphere was just what I needed. Our little town seemed to be buzzing with Christmas cheer.
The florists shop was gorgeous as usual and I had to buy another (Hellebore)  Christmas rose for the garden. 
We stopped off at our favourite coffee shop and included a mince pie with our coffee, it melted in your mouth. I'm not too bothered about SW because since my last post I've lost 5 pounds!!
Yesterday was my birthday and I may have had a few more syns than my allowance,  but you're only 80 once, so I had to have that cheese cake and just a small portion of ice cream.
We're now looking forward to Christmas day and our duck dinner. It will be Dh and myself so we thought in the morning we'd go and cheer the Christmas Day swimmers! Brrrrrr it will be cold but they all wear bobble hats so will be ok!
Thank you to all my followers and those who have left comments this past year.
Merry Christmas All and a Very Happy and Healthy New Year. 



Chrisxx

1 comment:

Latane Barton said...

Chris, I know what you mean! It's hard to be in the spirit sometimes. Especially if there aren't any little ones around to spark the glow. Merry Christmas to you and DH.