Monday 30 May 2022

Not pleasant, in fact it was hell!

With, my bladder problems I had a scan today, the results were no abnormality detected, but I won't pretend it was easy. I was crying before we even left the house for the 6 mile drive to the hospital.
I drank the pint of water before 1:00 pm ready for the 1:50 pm app. It was hell trying to hold it driving to the hospital. Every traffic light was red, there were bumpy road sections, where Dh said 'Sorry' every time and then my bowels started groaning.. and so was I!
I shuffled into the scan dept. with my wheels, saying, 'oh no, oh no and ready to burst into tears if they said there was a delay.
And bless her, she said go and use the toilet before the scan, it wouldn't make a difference, as it was my kidneys that they wanted to look at as well as my bladder.. Thank goodness, honestly I could have kissed her. 
I had to use the loo twice after it before we left the hospital and I couldn't stop when I got home. How do men and women drink pints and pints of beer??
Such a relief to get it over with and the clear result, now just the cystoscopy to get through. I made such a fuss, nearly screaming with every bump in the car, how my lovely Dh puts up with me I don't know. But it is very unpleasant especially, as I do usually go to the loo every hour and sometimes at night every 20 mins.
It is a relief to know there was nothing seen abnormal but that doesn't help the fact I have to get up more than 6 or even 8 times at night and I can't go anywhere unless I know I can use a loo easily.


I just want to be normal again!

Chrisxx

5 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

What an ordeal.Hope you get answers soon.
Barbarax

Eileen H said...

I do feel sorry for you, it all sounds horrendous. I do hope the hospital will find the cause and a cure for your problems xx

meandmysmallcorner said...


I am really glad that your scan was clear Chris but I hope they can find the cause of the problem and find a solution for you.

Winifred said...

Good that your scan was clear but the problem is awful to cope with.

I have to rush to the loo as I take diuretics and daren't take them if I have to go out anywhere.

You must be shattered if you have to get up so much at night. Hope they get you sorted soon!

Moira said...

Hi I have an overactive bladder and take pills at times for it, but the reason I am writing is my ten year old grand daughter also suffers but her mum has discovered she is sensitive to artificial sweeteners. So maybe check your diet.