Saturday 25 January 2020

My Happy Place


I'm sorted and back in my happy place... which is???
Crocheting, it keeps my hands busy, occupies my mind and stops me munching in between meals.
It's just a simple knee throw which I shall use in the car when we go walking. Now you might wonder why I need a knee throw for walking.. well sometimes when we set off in the car to go somewhere different for a walk, when we get there, the weather has turned or I 've lost the 'I want to walk' mood and so produce a book to sit and watch Dh and our dog, stride off.  
My knee throw will be warm and not too big. I haven't any ideas on how big, I 'll just keep going till it's the right size!
It's a simple 4 row pattern,
2 rows dbl crochet in every stitch.
2 rows of groups of 3 trbl in every 3rd stitch.
It is my favourite crochet pattern.
The next set of colours will lilac, mauve and deep purple and then I'll repeat the colours. I can happily sit and do this for hours. 
Have you a hobby that puts you in your happy place?
XX


6 comments:

Joy said...

Very pretty and so useful too. I know what you mean about nibbling. I find my knitting does the same thing.
xx

Julie said...

Another pretty blanket on the hook Chris, its lovely.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful colours, very pretty. I love to craft and have many hobbies but crochet always makes me happy.

hazel c UK said...

Hello Chris, I am like you I am always "hooking" I have just finished a pink and white blanket for my grand daughter she want a special present for her friend who is expecting. I have a hook on a granny blanket at the moment in pretty colours. Has it's a very dismal day again but it is January and it's good to do something you like.
Look forward to seeing your Knee Blanket.
Hazel c uk

Winifred said...

Looks lovely & such a good idea.

doodles n daydreams said...

I read to stop from nibbling, not very productive I know but very relaxing.
Thanks for visiting.
Diana