Wednesday 5 February 2020

A Therapy?

I'm getting on quite nicely with my knee blanket but knitting socks is one of my loves too.. so I 've gone back to these, which are all from scraps of left over sock yarn and I 've tried to match them.
I can knit without looking at it,  so an easy occupation in front of the TV.. and also according to the 'experts' a distracting therapy if you're trying to break a habit, eg smoking.. well I don't smoke but I do need distraction from munching calories in the evenings.. 
So don't ever feel guilty if you knitting or crocheting, because you can claim it's a therapy!
What do you think?  And what so you do with your scrap yarn?

XX

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

My mother used to divide all the handspun left overs to knit mittens. Even a piece only two or three stitches went in.

Joy said...

Having some knitting in my hands helps me tremendously with the evening nibblies. And you end up with something positive and useful at the end.
Scrap yarn? Well, I have a cupboard that is hard to close, it's so full . . .
xx

Julie said...

They look super.
I've used up all my scrap sock yarn on a large granny square blanket recently.
Knitting and stitching is good therapy for lots of things.

mamasmercantile said...

They look amazing. I generally crochet a scrap blanket with my little balls of leftovers.