Saturday 15 February 2020

Why do they give them names??

Is it Ciara or Dennis.. whatever it's blowing a gale out there.

We live in a house that has been standing since 1885.. so guess it will still be standing after this gale.
I am toasty warm and inside. 
My crochet knee throw is growing although last week I did hardly any.
But when I do pick it up I am totally happy and focused and shall attempt to finish it this week.
A friend has pointed me to a yarn site where they are all beautiful and reduced in price,  so I feel a big knitted cardi coming,  just for me.
I hope everyone is not damaged or flooded by these storms, such extra-ordinary weather.. stay safe everyone.
XX

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Your lap robe is beautiful!

Joy said...

A stout, well built home with a secure roof is a great blessing, isn't it? Something that's easy to just take for granted. Ditto for efficient heating and comfortable furniture to snuggle into.
I'm very grateful for all that!
xx

mamasmercantile said...

My heart goes out to all those affected by these storms. Like you we have a strong cottage for which I am thankful. Loving the blanket and its mix of colours. Hope you share the website you have discovered, I love a sale.

Julie said...

Nice blanket, its growing well.
I hope you survived the storm with no damage, we lost the TV aerial but its all fixed again now.
Wool cheap.... a great heads up from a friend.
xx