Monday 20 January 2020

What to do, what to do???

I started this shoulder shawl, a present for my SIL but decided the colours were too dark.  I thought it would more blue, difficult to see when it was as a ball. So abandoned it and returned the rest of the yarn to Wool Warehouse, who refunded me my money as soon as the parcel arrived with them. 

 These are socks knitted with oddments of sock wool. I 'm trying to match them and trying to make each new colour joined in interesting by staggering the joins with a variety of patterns in the wool.
 And I have this cross stitch recently bought to do, as well as 6 cross stitches on the go (WIPS) 
And of course I have a quilt ready to quilt and 6 blocks of a new one on the go!
BUT I can't settle to do anything. I feel I need something that takes little or no thought.
So I might just knit a baby blanket and give it to the local Hospice CS. 
Have I got the winter blues? In a way I feel ashamed as I follow this blog https://whichmeamitoday.wordpress.com/ Wendy 58 years young who is struggling with early onset Alzheimer's and just gets on with things,  even though the tasks have become mountains of difficulties.  
So I too will just get on!
What about you, are you in the doldrums of winter?
XX


4 comments:

Julie said...

The shawl did look superb, but the socks are looking pretty fab too.
It's been nice to see the frosty sunshine over the last couple of days. I've been doing ok at the moment, even with DH's cancelled heart op earlier this month when he was on the bed in the gown and they sent us home!!
{{sending a big hug}} and hoping you are soon bright and cheerful x

Buttercup said...

Not in the doldrums, but I've had a cold -- just a cold -- that's put me out of commission for the last week. I've been tired and so lazy. I'm feeling better today and finally getting a few things done. I've enjoyed visiting your blog. Please stop by and say hello in Buttercupland.

Joanne Noragon said...

Hello, Chris. Good to see you in my blog feed. I just keep getting on. Nothing else to do. I hope to pack in a good many more years before dementia overtakes. You too.

mamasmercantile said...

The weather can certainly influence the mood. Hopefully the sun will shine on you and lift your spirits soon.