Thursday 2 August 2018

Knitting for me ready for the winter!

Drachenfels by Melanie Berg.
I bought the pattern from Ravelry before I broke my arm, so hence only getting round to it now.


I am really looking forward to knitting it; it’s Rosy Green Wool, and I am using ‘cheeky merino joy.’

The colours are Coffee Bean, Wild Mallow and Ruby, aren’t the names gorgeous and the feel of the wool is beautiful too. 

I‘ve had to buy some 4mm circular needles; I had 3.5mm and 4.5mm but not 4mm, isn’t it always the way?  We have a Hobby Craft only 25mins away, so that’s where we popped to this morning, once I‘ve wound the wool into balls I shall be starting to knit.. wa-hey I can’t wait.

Do you love to start new projects, of course I do have a quilt on the go and a Sew and So, SAL.. So I best get knitting.

Too hot to go out to the garden, I need to dead head the roses plus most of the flowers, but they can wait. Knitting comes first, what do you think?
XX
PS. It has taken me just under the hour to wind one colour eeck... I need a wool winder!!


2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I must admit I have a wool winder that I bought at a flea market and it does an amazing job. Loved the wonderful colours you have chosen.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love your colour choice for this shawl.