Thursday 22 June 2023

Where is she now?

We pass this tree on our way home, called The Welcome Tree by the towns' people, but we never noticed it when we used to drive here, every year for a holiday at my Grans and Aunts.


My children were more fixed on the brow of the Three Step Hill, because at the top we could see the sea. So there was a lot of shouting, Who ever sees the sea first loves Holly Stewart!
In fact everything my three sons did revolved around Holly Stewart. 
First one up ths stairs, first to wash, clean their teeth get dressed! Who ever was first loved Holly Stewart!
She was a pretty little girl in my middle son's Junior School class. 
I doubt she ever knew that she was a big 'name' in our home.
Then she grew up and went off to University and we didn't see her for years.... until... my eldest came home one evening to say he'd see Holly. She was working in a local supermarket and had become a 'Goth!'
I saw her a week later walking along the high street; black clothes, black eyes, black lips and hair twisted into the then fashionable nest style.
I'm sure she thought she looked amazing and as a Goth she did;  but she was no longer the sweet little girl they had fought over when they were Junior School age. 
I wonder what happened to her. She wasn't mentioned again and was like favourite toys forgotten. She was my 'arrow in my bow' because I banded her name around when I wanted my sons to get dressed for school etc, poor Holly, perhaps it was good she never knew!
I still have her name in my mind when we reach the brow of Three Step Hill and I can see the sea!



Have you memories of your children?

Chrisxx


2 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, so many memories, some less 'happy' than others, of course. :-)

What a lovely name for a tree - the Welcome Tree. I really like that.
xx

Jo said...

Haha, yes, there was a 'Holly Stewart' in our house too.