Tuesday 13 June 2023

Where is the rain??

We have had a lovely morning, a sun shiny day again, too hot really and we went off to buy a selection of shrubs. Our nearest garden centre is always full of plants including trees.

These don't look a lot but they are shrubs that will grow up and out and the photo doesn't do them justice.
But I have still had to buy some shrubs on line and those that have  arrived are in excellent condition.
This an Amelanchier tree in flower, is my favourite

These Gooseberries are called Giggles!




And to come are a crab apple, a Victoria Plum and a Russet eating apple, in the mean time my red hot credit card bought 3 climbing roses that I had seen on the Chelsey Flower show on TV!

We really need rain to plant these, at the moment our back garden registers 29.2° C. Planting them in this heat would be risky, so at the moment they are grouped where we can water them in the evenings.

Yesterday we visited a member of our U3A Gardening Group.. what a lovely garden, quite small and wall surrounded, but climbing pink sweet scented roses to to the skies and frothy clumps of Erigeron every where, in the cracks in the pebbles and all along the wall of her drive. So, so pretty, and something I'm going to do I usually pull it up when it self seeds.
So that's what I'm doing, Erigeron everywhere!! 
Come on rain, come here!! To think my old neighbours in Suffolk said I'd be upset with all the rain in Wales!!LOL

Have you had rain?
Chrisxx

 


4 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

No rain forecast in Suffolk all week and it's been so dry for weeks with that NE wind drying things even more

Poppypatchwork said...

Desperate for rain here, only small amount of rainwater left, anyone know any rain-dances, I'm willing to try anything.

Sal said...

We’ve had weeks of little rain, although we did hear some last night…but it hasn’t had much effect! The hose pipe ban goes on but the hilarious thing is that, this morning, I received offers from the local garden centre…for hose pipes! 😂
The Gooseberry name brought a smile to my face as a couple of years ago, I bought a rose called ‘Giggles’ ! 😁

Sal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.