Sunday 7 May 2023

Yes I did after all.

 

Yes I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Shame it rained for all the street parties and picnics planned and the people who had camped out along the Mal were soaked, but it didn't dampen their enthusiasm.
King Charles and Queen Camila were very regal with their crowns. Charles looked very emotional when William was swearing his allegiance.
Loved the Princess Royal riding the horse behind the gold carriage.
The Princess of Wales, Kate as  beautiful as ever and little Charlotte dress just like her mum. And proud Prince George as lead Page carrying the long King's cloak. Wasn't Louis lovely singing the National Anthem. 
An amazing day!
Did you watch?

Chrisxx

5 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Absolutely! A memorable day. I also loved seeing the mased cheer in the gardens.

Peggy said...

I watched from Canada - in the afternoon, when things quieted around our house (recorded between midnight and 4:30 a.m. while we slept). The pageantry, the emotion, the glory of it all!!!! I found it fascinating and enjoyed feeling like I was in the middle of a historic moment. And I think I saw much more than most of the people who were there!

Joy said...

I really lovely it. Colour, pageantry, music, emotion. I agree with Peggy - while it would have been memorable to be there in person, telly had the very best view. xx

Poppypatchwork said...

We watched most of it, missed the first hour at Westminster Abby, loved the parade afterwards, all the military, the colours were beautiful, shame about the rain.

Latane Barton said...

Yes, of course I watched, even from across the big pond. Such a pity it rained on their big day.