Monday 1 May 2023

Getting ready for summer.

 It might not look a lot, but this is our start in the garden. One flower-bed weeded and edged, flowers to come are lupins, sea holly, verbena and aquilegia.. as well as dahlias, and my seedlings of antirrhinums and zinnias.. so come summer full of flowers and colour. 

The daffodils have gone and the tulips have started to drop their petals.
We decided to list some manageable jobs and keep to that today; its very easy to carry on and exhaust ourselves!
To day I've potted on some tomato plants and Dh has cleared the patio of the old herb box, we have a new larger pot. Cleared away the odds and bods and the extra patio furniture ready for a builder to lay a new patio. 
I'm very excited about it and can't wait, but wait we must as the builder has been held up on his other job with all the rain!!
We did sit out and admire what we had done, and by next week we hope to get the other flower beds done and me pot on some more seedlings.
I love my garden.
Are you getting ready too?

Chrisxx

3 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Like your very neat edge to the grass - need to do that here but I don't have the enthusiasm!

Poppypatchwork said...

I had a day in the garden last Friday and wore myself out, so you gentle way is much better, your garden is beginning to look so colourful, you had added so much.

Joy said...

Yopur garden is going to look soi lovely - already does, in fact. xx