Wednesday 19 April 2023

Will you or won't you??

 Are you like me fed up of seeing posts about Megan and Harry and the Coronation? So who will watch it?

If someone wrote a book that named me and my family as not being very nice and I had a party planned, I'd probably not invite them.

Megan and Harry decided they wanted their own lives and weren't happy with the press coverage, but it seems to me they have done everything they can to stay in the public eye.

So who cares what happens to them? The vast number of people in this country living below the poverty line, using food banks, worried how they can afford their energy bill and how their children can eat healthily, do they care? I think not!

Megan and Harry are now winging whether their children will have Prince and Princess status. These Royals have no idea how the every day person lives and don't care. OK so they shake a few hands and smile but the world has vastly changed, and today the modern young person doesn't have the same respect for the Royals as did past generations.

Truth be told I don't think I do any more either.. so will I watch the Coronation? Probably just the high lights on the news and hopefully if its a sunny day, we'll enjoy working in our garden, and sitting enjoying a cuppa in the sun.

What will you do?

Chrisxx

5 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I won't watch it, I'm not a fan of Charles, he acts far to entitled, as for Harry and Megan, they do like to moan and keep themselves in the press. I think many families have the one child, they would like to hide away.

Joan said...

I was going to record it and watch the highlights, but not now after, it seems, that Camilla will be crowned Queen.

Joy said...

Utterly and totally fed up with it all. I'm watching the coronation as it is (will be) an historical event and it will be interested. I was very little when the last one happened. But I'll be glad when it is all over. xx

Will said...

I can just about remember the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II - a neighbour had bought a TV especially for the event, and several families crowded round the tiny screen to watch. I will probably just watch highlights of Charles's coronation as I must admit I find him a very irritating individual, with none of the tact and diplomacy of his mother.

Jo said...

I'm looking forward to the coronation. I think Charles will do a great job as King, he's been in training for it all his life and has been concerned with many important issues before they even became news worthy. I have no time for Harry and Megan though, I respected their decision to step away from public life, no one should have to take a life they're born into, they should be able to choose for themselves, but it seems they want to have their cake and eat it, they can't have it both ways.