Sunday 28 June 2020

A beautiful new project.

I haven't sewn my hexie squares yet, I had a blue day and didn't do anything much, only looked at quilting on you tubes, which I love. So many very clever quilters and they get it all done so quickly, but of course it's all staged, so no need to get green with envy.. and they all have super sewing rooms, called sewing studios! 
But I have my next project planned and bought for.


29 balls of this squishy loveliness. Ordered one day and arrived 2 days later, good ol'  Wool Ware house. Not a Lucy Attic 24 design this time. 
The designer of this gorgeous blanket called May Blossom is Marion  Mitchell from WoolThreadPaint. 


This is the Spring colour version and there's an Autumn colour version too. I can't wait to get started, I've even bought a new size 4 soft handled crochet hook. I've been reading through the pattern, all trebles and half trebles, granny squares and rows,  but a tricky 'join as you go' bit, but nicely shown on the blog. Aren't designers generous and make sure you know what to do. I'm so excited, isn't it gorgeous?

                                   Chrisxx

8 comments:

Joy said...

I agree, there are some very generous people around and that blanket is gorgeous. You will have such fun making it.
xx

Jennyff said...

What a great start to the week, let us know how it goes - no pressure.

Joanne Noragon said...

This is a beautiful throw. Can't wait to see it.

mamasmercantile said...

Looks wonderful, a great project. Love the colours.

Pensive Pensioner said...

What a beautiful blanket and I love the colours you have chosen. I can't crochet for toffee. Please do share the progress of your work, I'd love to see it.

Jackie's Stitches said...

This is a gorgeous project! Some of the squares remind me of churn dash quilt blocks.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's a lovely looking project and will keep you busy for a while :)

Julie said...

That looks very pretty, will enjoy seeing yours grow