Monday 22 June 2020

Still sewing.

This the lower part of our 140ft garden, where I sit when the sun is its hottest and I want to be outside. I can sit and sew here in the shade and not get too hot.
I now have 36 squares with hexies sewn on. I can't decided whether to sew more to make a bigger throw. I do have some of the back ground fabric but not the right size. So I intend to join some, if I centre the joined seam it will show but not too badly. I need to buy some crochet cotton thread to do the shadow quilting around the hexie rounds. 
I have and still am really enjoying this hand sewing. 

I'm going to start to machine join them together today.
How is your latest project going?
Chrisxx




5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Looks very pretty, always good to have a project on the go. I am ready to start something new just need to decide what it is.

Joy said...

It's going to look absolutely fantastic. xx

Winifred said...

They look lovely.
Could you use faggotting to make a feature of the seam join?

Joanne Noragon said...

The blocks are so lovely. It will be a beautiful throw.

meandmysmallcorner said...


How wonderful to have a little cool retreat to enjoy when the weather is a little overpowering.
Love the hexagons and look forward to seeing the finished project. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Beverley x