Thursday 14 December 2017

I feel I could fly!!

I saw the senior registrar at the hospital on Tuesday. I used to think that this meant the Consultant couldn't be bothered to see me, but no... she had already looked at my x-rays and my shoulder replacement is ok, my bone transplant is good too, I am healing, I am going to have a working arm in 2018!! Yeah!! I can't believe it after all this time, 2 years and 9 months! And I have just an ordinary sling, the wedge sling was binned.

But after my good news,  I didn't sleep all that well that night, neither did DH, we were reading in bed at 2:00 am. Then my lovely man helped me get comfortable with my four pillows and one under my arm and I slept till gone 8..
I had a wonderful shower in the morning, first in 6 weeks, actually 6 1/2 weeks as I didn't have a shower in hospital! I still have a slight arrow mark on my arm after two showers; this morning I stood under that shower for a long, long time, bliss. I am excited but worried that my arm will still be awkward.. physio starts 27th Dec.. until then only passive exercise, so using my left hand to lift my right to bend at the elbow. He did say  I could try to eat with it in a week's time if I could, but I 'll try to clean my teeth first using my left hand to lift my right.  I can try to crochet, get back to that Sunshine and Showers CAL...And on the basis that I can use my arm I have bought a book with knitted little Christmas people!

But still the strict instructions, no extreme movements and no pulling, lifting, no arm behind my back, or using my arm to get up from a seat..but I feel ok and not too much pain and I feel like flying! 

xx

9 comments:

janipi said...

This is fantastic news! I am so pleased for you. Lots to look forward to in the New Year:)

Vickie said...

Oh Chris I am so happy for you.

Joanne Noragon said...

This is all wonderful.

rosey175 said...

I am so excited for you! I think I started following you just around the time you broke your arm in the first place. I bet that shower was absolute heaven.

Janice said...

Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel!! All the best for 2018!

Daffycat said...

Oh Chris! I could just scream with happiness for you!!! I HATED brushing my teeth left handed. That was one of the first things I did, brush with my right and of course feed myself! I’m deep into PT now and not too happy but I think it’s starting to get easier. I think!

I am terribly excited for you, dear. Heal quickly!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Terrific news!

Julie said...

What a wonderful Christmas present, i'm so pleased for you Chris.
Have a lovely Christmas xx

Winifred said...

That's wonderful news Chris. Take care & have a happy Christmas & a wonderful year in 2018.