Tuesday 20 January 2009

Back to normal!


For those who might not know I had a knee replacement last July.. before I had it done I was hardly walking anywhere and I certainly couldn't do what I love most of all... my garden.


But today it has been beautiful here today 5° C and sunny, so I have planted some late bulbs all sprouting so hope they will carry on growing. I need more flower space!! So the next day it is fine I am going to dig up some asters, lavender and comfrey and dig over where they are and add some compost and plant some summer bulbs… the comfrey can go up the allotment…
All my daffodils are up and some tulips so I hope they will be all flowering by the time we get back from Australia. I have chicken wire covering them all to deter the b----- cats and squirrels who love to dig up bulbs and eat them. It was like my knee was back to how it was before arthritis had rended it too painful to do much... wonderful for me I have had such a lovely day out there and tonight as there are no flowers to photo I have taken a shot of the three star balls my daughter gave me for christmas. You can't see in the photo but they have tea lights in side each one and shine out through the star cut out shapes. I love them!
They look wonderful to me and also I have a lantern hanging in the small tree half way down the garden, I can't wait for summer... yiphee I am back to normal!! I can garden again.

5 comments:

stitchersanon said...

We have just got sleet here, and because we are on boggy ground it turns to a swamp rapidly. I am not going to be able to put in really early spuds..they will just rot and cause me more problems later in the year if they get infected...It is ok..the cabbages thrive lol

Gill - That British Woman said...

thanks for popping by my blog today and commenting. My mother had her knee and hip replaced in 2007. The knee operation was the worst pain in her life, however she now says its the best thing she has ever had done, as like you she has full mobility back and can also garden.

Gill in Canada

Angela said...

Sounds like you made the most of the good weather.

You and my mum must have had your ops at around the same time as she had her finger joint replaced last year.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog and for your comment. Weather here yesterday was similar to yours and although I went into the garden to tidy and clean the bird feeding "stations" I actually stayed out there tidying up for about an hour and a half. Thoroughly enjoyable. Glad to read that you are now able to enjoy your gardening again. When are you off to Australia. I was there this time last year. A

Julie said...

Gardening is good for the soul, thats what my DH tells me, i prefer to sit in the conservatory and watch him do it!