Tuesday 5 August 2008

Already August

I seem to have neglected this blog because of visitors but more than that my knee!
I had quite a stressful Friday morning. I went off to my physio appointment and got there and didn’t feel well, In fact the physio said I looked ill and I felt ill too.
She looked at my wound and said it looked infected and best get to my own Dr So I phoned Mike and he phoned the surgery.. And the Dr phoned me while I was still at the hospital waiting for the ambulance to go home and said he’d thought he should see my knee. So Mike picked me up and took me and I am on some strong antibiotics.

I had an appointment to see a surgeon Saturday morning at the hospital. So now I have had blood tests and swabs of my wound. A bit scary as it could be internal I have taken the all doses of the antibiotics and if at anytime I feel worse I am to get into casualty! So a bit of a drawback...I am back to see the surgical team on wednesday morning and to get the results of the tests I had so I hope they will give me the all clear.
I am still having a lot of pain and last night was the worse for a while as I got up for the loo and couldn't get back to sleep because of the pain. So I took 2 paracetamol which means I can't have the full dose today but this morning after I took my usual dose of codeine and paracetamol at 6:30am I went back to sleep and slept till 10 am. I feel much better.
Mike has gone to a job in Liverpool and has just phoned to say its pouring with rain and looks like it was a wasted journey so might be home tonight after all.

But with all this I haven't done any cross stitch at all, the linen that arrived for the napkin wasn't what I wanted it was more of a canvas so I have ordered some aida Count 18... hope it will arrive today!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Sory that your knee has been causing you problems, I have my finger's crossed that it improves very soon.