We do have some colour in our garden and these larger Michaelmas daisies have survived!
There are dahlias and Asters and some self seeded Nicotiana, so not all are dead.
Amazingly this little frog has lived between the tomato pots all through the hot summer months.
But the garden is dry and we've lost some really pretty plants, but there's always next year!
I've tried not to get despondent about the garden, but it is very big love of mine and I could cry when I look at the dried up shrubs. Dh has watered the pots every night so they are still looking alright. And that self seeded California Poppy is still flowering!! So that's what I'll sow next year too!
How has your survived? And we've had rain, at last!
Chrisxx







10 comments:
Our garden was always going to be a disaster this year, whatever the weather, so I haven't let it worry me. I'm very excited about next year though!
I've lost quite a few plants this year, but the verbena, cosmos, roses and lavender did really well. I put geraniums in the pots and baskets this year and they've been ok too. Our 4 pots of tomatoes have done really well and I've been giving bags away. But I'm going to re-think the planting for next year and go for more heat tolerant plants - it will probably be a wet summer then! Xx
You do have some lovely plants in your garden that have managed to flower beautifull despite the extremes of weather. It is disappointing when a plant doesn't do well for various reasons so let's hope they perk up again for next year and give you lots of pleasure.
We don't have much of a garden living in the woods but the little one I do have is doing good. We've many good tomatoes and beans. My daisies, petunias and a few other plants are still looking pretty good. Our summer has not been that hot and we've had lots of rain.
Your flowers look pretty and what a cute little frog, :)
Lovely colours in your garden.
I like Michaelmas Daisies.
Wonderful to finally have rain!
All the best Jan
For all your heat and drought, you have kept the flowers looking quite lovely. Here in my state, we have had 2 weeks of flooding rains. Disastrous in some small villages. My patio pots were doing so well, but now are tired of being over watered day after day. Would share rain with others if I could.
You still have some very nice color. I find August is always a hard time of year in the garden when the heat and bugs cause a lot of problems.
You've still got lots of lovely colour, aided and abetted by those lovely looking tomatoes.
I too have been lamenting the possibility of loosing plants in my garden, which is my pride and joy. I have used every drop of grey water and any run off water when waiting for hot water or rinsing the kettle before making a cup of tea to try and keep plants going but only time will tell if I have been successful .At long last we have had a meaningful amount of rain.
Jane
Beautiful garden - love the color!
Our lawn is so dry and parched here, but the vegetables did well. Tomatoes are ripening nicely, and we're about to be tired of zucchini.
Post a Comment