Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Still some colour.

We do have some colour in our garden and  these larger Michlemas daisies have survived!


And this lily has bloomed too but sorry I can't think of its name!

There are dahlias and Asters and some self seeded Nicotiana, so not all are dead.




Our tomatoes are ripening at last and we've had some Greek Salad meals with them and there were delicious!
Amazingly this little frog has lived between the tomato pots all through the hot summer months.


Our front pots are looking very pretty.

We've had all our hedges cut this week they had grown too tall, so we've had them cut by 8cm.. and they needed it.
But the garden is dry and we've lost some really pretty plants, but there's always next year!
I've tried not to get despondent about the garden, but it is very big love of mine and I could cry when I look at the dried up shrubs. Dh has watered the pots every night so they are still looking alright. And that self seeded California Poppy is still flowering!! So that's what I'll sow next year too!
How has your survived?  And we've had rain, at last!

Chrisxx

1 comment:

KirstenM said...

Our garden was always going to be a disaster this year, whatever the weather, so I haven't let it worry me. I'm very excited about next year though!