Saturday 18 June 2022

Raining.

Yesterday the temperature was 28°C at 9:00am! We did sit out in the garden for our morning coffee under an umbrella, but even then it was too hot. The garden was wilting and we were sad to see that there is only one peach left on the tree, all the others have dropped, ah well,  we can share again! We have had some delicious ones. The one left on the tree is the size of a 'gobstopper' We check it daily watching to see if it will grow this big!

Today we have rain, yeh!!! We really need it and we're very pleased, altho it means we won't go to the library. I have always visited the library on a Saturday morning, but here the walk from the nearest car park would mean getting very wet!

So we're cosy inside drinking coffee and watching, 'The Detectorists' on iplayer, which we've watched before, but we like it enough to watch again. What do you do on rainy Saturdays?

It's not a bad life!

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi4064982297/?ref_=vp_rv_0


                                                 Chrisxx


5 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

No rain here in South Hampshire, but it's cooked down and cloudy, would like some rain.

Maggie said...

Rained all day here too, the garden will be thankful though and it means I haven't had to water this morning. I've tackled a pile of post holiday ironing while it was cooler and have been watching the birds coming and going to the feeders. Enjoy your peach :-)

Joy said...

Know what you mean about checking daily. I do that with my cucumber - and talk to it encouragingly too - silly me. It's fun though.

On Rainy Saturdays I stay in, catch up on telly, maybe do some menu planning and generally just have a nice, gentle day, thankful that the rain is good for my garden, particularly my ericaceous plants.
xx

Eileen H said...

No rain here but it was much cooler yesterday and felt so much better.

meandmysmallcorner said...


It was very hot here on Friday although there was a bit of a breeze and then it rained all day on Saturday.
I think I just tend to potter when the weather is not good enough to play outside, maybe some crochet or baking. At the moment I'm watching Midsomer Murders with D, but that's not until the evening.