Tuesday 10 February 2015

Blue China design and my cleaner!

I am happily stitching this design, and it is growing fast
I did quite a bit last week as I stitched most evenings and on Friday all afternoon too!
Being retired allows you to please yourself.
The daffodils are in a little blue design jug that was my grandmother's so not just pretty but old too; she died 1980 age 94.

 It stands on my dresser on the 'blue china' shelf..Lots of the china on my dresser have memories. When I worked full time I had a weekly cleaner. The first one I had called, Fran was superb and I loved coming home on a Thursday evening to a tidy, clean and bright home. But in the first month, she decided to wash the china on my dresser,(something I myself only did now and then!) So  I was horrified when I saw my little dresser, with the blue china mixed up with the rest of the stuff and before I even had a cuppa I had to re-arrange it all back to how I wanted it. I thanked Fran the following week by note but added there was no need to wash the dresser china, I would do that myself. She was my cleaner for years and I always loved Thursday evenings best of all the week
Here is my daughter's shawl ready to take next week when it is half term.
She works in two Cambridge schools as an Examination Officer, quite a stress job.
It will be nice to see her and my youngest GS, the other two are away in Uni.
The lovely bag is what the yarn came in from Love Knitting...
We are having some early spring like days.. so I have been hap, hap, happy.. goodbye winter, come on spring! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine too!
xx

8 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

We have a little blue jug like yours, belonged to hubbies grand dad. I gave up on cleaners years ago, we have one lady, Liz who was brilliant, after we moved we tried loads but none did a great job.

Theresa said...

That is some beautiful work! Can't wait to see it all finished! Love that blue china:) Enjoy your day dear friend, the sun is shining thru my window this morning! I am thankful that there is NO snow or rain:) HUGS!

Julie said...

I love blue and white chins, willow pattern is my everyday dinner service.
Your dresser looks stunning!

Katya said...

Fantastic progress!

Lana said...

Great progress!! It's really coming along!!

Deb said...

Beautiful WIP!
Love the blue china!

Kate said...

Your dresser looks fabulous, great stitching too.
Enjoy your visit to your daughters.

Una said...

Hi Chris,I love your little blue jug,but I have to say I'm in love with the cross-stitch your doing and would love to do this myself....could you tell me who is the design by...Una.