Wednesday 26 February 2014

An tricky knit!

Here they are the fingerless mitts my DD wanted knitted.
 
The yarn is a mixture of alpaca, wool and 8% nylon.
It split as it was knitted, the needles were metal and slippery and the cable needle a bit long.
 
 
Yes they were a tricky knit.. one way of making a hole was just to purl a stitch without taking the yarn fwd, the instructions for this were ambiguous and frustrating. It took me a while to it work out and I started several times!! The metal needle kept slipping out of the stitches so I had quite a few tricky moments.. scream, scream, scream!!  But they are done and all in all she is worth it.   Hope she is happy with them. They are extremely warm. I shall post them to her today with the instructions that as they took a lot of my expertise and time, so she is to put them on and keep them on at all times. Well perhaps take them off when she visits the loo!!! !
 
Happy Days

7 comments:

Vickie said...

hahahah! Job well done my friend!

Beth said...

They look very nice. You did a lovely job.

Julie said...

Well done mum... she'll love them.

I know quite a few knitters who have gone over to bamboo needles instead of metal ones especially those that suffer with arthritis, apparently it helps with less pain?

KimM said...

Lovely, simply lovely.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great job! They look lovely and warm. I'm sure she'll love them :D

Sue said...

The gloves are lovely Chris, you are such a good Mum x

butterfly said...

Great job Chris , they look great .