Sunday 17 January 2010

Kidsilk yarn for a lacy wrap!



Don't you just love this colour, its 'Night' with a lovely silver thread in it and it is going to knit up beautifully, if I can knit it.
Its one of those patterns with a chart so shouldn't be too bad, However I have sent off for Evelyn A Clark's knitting book on how to knit triangular lacy shawls and wraps.
I really just want a scarf so watch this space!
I think I have had snow time blues this week as I really struggled to stitch my SALs and for goodness sake, the Travelling Stitcher was my own !


The garden looks a mess, you know how it is after snow,  a bit drab and dull and  the grass gets smothered and flattened and where the dog has pounded up and down it looks muddy in places. We did put down more grass seed last autumn to thicken it up so hopefully once the sun shines it will grow!
I hope my tulip bulbs have survived and the squirrels haven't eaten them!
We shall have to wait and see.
Hope everyone else is now snow free I never ever thought I'd say Thank goodness for rain!
I am hoping for a good stitchy week although I am knitting just one more pair of socks for a friend so when I have finished those I shall start my wrap and get on with my SALs.
Happy Stitching or knitting or crafting this week



12 comments:

Angela said...

That's a beautiful looking wool. Good luck with knitting it up.

Nic said...

You have a beautiful looking yarn there!

I'm so pleased to see the back of the snow - well, the ice really. It's really odd to see green again...

stitchersanon said...

Lovely yarn...I like using mega big needles to get a nice lacy effect. Have you looked on Ravelry for a free pattern?
lol

Barb said...

That looks just so pretty Chris have fun with those needles.

Melanie said...

That looks beautiful, the wrap and the wool, purple is my favourite colour. Where did you get the pattern from? I almost wish it would snow agin as I can't stand the rain and wind.

Linda said...

Lovely yarn and I clicked on the picture and what a beautiful wrap! "Night" is going to do up beautifully.
The snow pictures from your previous post look so pretty....but I know it must be hard to get out and about. No snow here just rain, which we need. Love the socks...I knit a bit and would love to work a pair of these up...but I think I need a class. Enoy your new yarn and happy stitching...hugs, Linda

Karan said...

Oooo I love that yarn & it'll make a beautiful wrap (or scarf). Am glad to see the back of the snow but all this rain is a tad depressing. Roll on some fine days so we can both get out into our gardens. :0)

zetor said...

Such a lovely colour and texture .

Esther said...

Very Pretty yarn indeed and lovely looking design. Thanks for visiting my blog and yes I believe we have plots on the same allotment site, there arn't many with hedges for a start. I love it up there, so peaceful and calming.

I told my mum to look at a couple of your articles cos she loves sampler type embroideries.

Carolyn NC said...

Yes, what a beautiful color! Our weather has warmed up now; we'll see how long it stays!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

That is a lovely colour. I'll look forward to seeing a photo of the finished article.

Snow has gone here too - thank goodness.

Julie said...

Nice wool, it looks really lush :-)