Sunday, 11 October 2026

Winter already???


What a difference in the days this week. Friday was wet, cold and windy, a real winter day, I'd got a winter dress ready Thursday evening for our early morning SW group meeting. However I forgot I might want to wear pop socks, having been bare legs all summer, also I changed my mind about my cardi, so I left the bedroom with shoes everywhere and the bed strewed with cardis, what a mess.

I wore some Hotter shoes, thinking I hadn't seen these for a while, but they were fine over my thick socks going, but coming home they were 'hell' no wonder I'd forgotten them, I'd never worn them, they were so uncomfortable. ! So I need to polish up my faithful black shoes.

I knew I'd lost weight as we always weight at home before go and usually at SW we are a pound less, but winter weight clothes gave me a plus half, so I was very pleased.

I was ready to take the hit with winter clothes, I'd rather be warm than get pneumonia!!

Fridays are such a challenge, leaving the house at 9:00am is not easy, and I always think back to my working days, when I left for work at 7:20 am, how did I do that? In winter it was dark when I left for work and dark driving home.

Thank goodness I'm retired, its wonderful! Did you have to leave for work early in the morning. 

Chrisxx

No comments: