I've neglected my blog and reading blogs, the hot weather has really got to me.. the garden is looking as sad as I've been feeling, I've been down in the dumps!
We have been out, but hurried home before the midday temps as 28C and even 24C is just too hot.
The AC in Costa, which we have always complained about as being too cold, has been as welcome relief, when we have had to go to town for anything!
Dh has been so good watering the pots, tomatoes and our small veg patch with watering cans, even though we don't have a hose pipe ban. All the garden is looking dry and there are crisp leaves on the ground, except that self seeded California Poppy, which is thriving and even more flowers have appeared! What magic has it got to survive without watering??
I've been listening to this book from the library through Borrow Box. Sad and poignant about an 89 year old man Bo, his aging and increasing fraility and his carers and love for his dog Sixten.

6 comments:
My weather today is wall to wall sunshine, high temp 26*C with the humidity of 58% it will fell like 31*C. When I came to Canada years ago, I felt this heat was unbearable, now it is nice and find it comfortable.
Have seen quite a few bloggers mention this book. Not sure if I'll try it but my library does have it.
Many areas of the UK are in drought conditions!
We do need rain.
All the best Jan
Sure hope you get some cooler weather and rain over by you. Sounds so HOT.
There has been such intense and prolonged heat in the UK and Europe this summer. Ours, on the west coast of Canada, has been very up and down, without a lot of heat. Today is pleasant, heading to to 25 degrees. I like that.
The book sounds interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.
I am so sorry about your garden, Chris. I know the love and care you put into it.
Post a Comment