Wednesday 9 September 2020

Tulips made with love.

 I've put my crochet to one side the last two days so that I could finish this.

I started to piece it together in 2014, hand sewing the tulip blocks; each tulip has 14 pieces and then of course my fatal trip when my broke my right arm. I picked it up again in 2017 and completed the top. The pattern is from a book called 'Quilty Fun,' by Lori Holt. A great way to use up scrap pieces. I loved making it. 

My DIL saw it and said she'd love it for their mobile home, in which they travel all over Europe, usually ending up in Spain for a month every summer. 
Of course no trip abroad this year, but a week ago,  she said they were planning a 10 day trip and would love to pop in to see us.
They live in West Wales so quite a way to travel to us, about 500 miles to pop in! So I decided I'd layer this and top stitch  as best as I could. DH helped me layer it and then I started to stitch in the ditch. I had bought a special SITD foot to do it, some super Aurifil thread, which made it easier, but no way easy. I struggled to get my arm up to guide the quilt through, but I did it. I've stitched around each tulip block and across and down the seams. I 'm very pleased with it and wouldn't mind keeping it for me!
Very colourful don't you think?

Chrisxx

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Your quilt is wonderful! I would love to have a go at quilting but i'm not good at cutting fabric.

Joanne Noragon said...

It is beautiful, and your daughter in law will be thrilled.

Peggy said...

That is a lovely quilt, a great way to use up scraps!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love this quilt. It is so colourful and cheerful.

Winifred said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!