Monday 12 July 2010

A wonderful day in Cambridge

Last Thursday I had a super day, when I went to visit my two eldest grand children, Saskia and Christian , wish I could have more like it .. We went into the city and had lunch in a pizza restaurant up stairs in their roof restaurant outside, it was lovely, both the lunch and the view all around us.
In the photo of them, you can just see other roofs behind...... then after we had eaten (I had a courgette and mushroom pizza with lots of mozzrella cheese and drizzled in oil, it was amazing!!) Christian wanted to go to this toy shop so we walked and walked and walked, he went in the toy shop Saskia went in the music shop next door and I sat under an umbrella one of the many outside little cafes and had a coffee. I needed the sit down! Cambridge has so many little alley ways with cafes and stalls, such a lovely city. We had also been in HMV, which was huge and I asked didn't they have any grandma seats??? LOL

But it was a wonderful day, when we got back to their house, we had some of the chocolate cake I had made. My daughter arrived home with Theo later and I had a cup of tea with her and left about 6, it took me nearly 2 hours to come home as I drive tucked in behind a lorry when I am tired and they only go 58mph!! The one I was following took a sharp left when we left the M11 on to the A14 and I suddenly found myself in a Service area so had to go round a round about and back onto the road!! I wondered if the driver had seen me and wondered what I was at, I wondered myself!!  LOL

But it was such a lovely day! Wish we did live nearer...ah well, we'll be nearer in Billericay. Only 4 weeks to go till we are there and although we won't be fully living there, we will be able to stay there when ever we want!
It was a super day and I so enjoyed myself but it was a lot of walking and it was hot so Friday I had to have an afternoon kip!! Well I am a grandma!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds as if it was a day the doctor ordered Chris, apart from the sore feet lol. Oh loved the tale of the lorry ,I expect the driver thought his luck was in lol.
Enjoy your summer
Hugs

Lesleyanne said...

Loved the lorry incident lol. Glad you had a lovely time with your family.

Carolyn NC said...

Looks like a fantastic time!

Julie said...

A lovely pic of your grandchildren, sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Justflo said...

You seem to have had a great time.
Hope it wasn't my son driving the lorry!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Strawberry Jam Anne said...

How lovely to spend the day with your grandchildren - sounds like you all had a good time. I know what you mean about having to have a sit down though!!