Saturday 3 July 2010

A night the Ballet

We had a wonderful evening at the ballet seeing Swan Lake; Birmingham Royal Ballet is amazing.. we had booked this months ago so it was lovely that DH reminded me  that the date had arrived.
The second half opened with the curtain rising with the stage two foot deep in a white mist and then the swan dancers rose out of it.. spectacular!

How can they dance like that on their points so graceful and well worth seeing. The music alone is lovely too, this will stay in my mind for a long, long  time.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds like a lovely evening Chris, I have never seen a Swan Lake ballet but hear from others that it is a very moving production, glad you felt the same xxx

Linda said...

Sounds like a most special evening...hugs, Linda

Winifred said...

Sounds wonderful. Glad you enjoyed it.

I wanted to go to see a live ballet after I went on a school visit to see a film of the Bolshoi. I was eleven and I've never forgotten it. Never managed it because none of my family will go with me. I've decided I'll go by myself next time a ballet comes to a theatre near us. Life's too short to put some things off!

Julie said...

What a lovely way to spend an evening, sounds very magical.

Love the quilt in the post below, well done on learning something new.