Monday 27 June 2016

Been AWOL for weeks!!

It's been a while since I have written anything but we have been away. A week in my home town Porthcawl in Wales. We enjoyed ourselves even though we had rain some days, Nell didn't care, she loves the beach.
Since home I have done some one handed weeding, quite difficult as I always feel I will over balance. but the garden is beginning to look really nice again.
On the landing windowsill my orchids have continued to flower...
 
 

 
And this is our first lettuce from the garden, a Webbs Wonder which hearted up and was crunchy and delish. We ate it tonight with cold chicken, and English toms, grated carrot, cucumber finely sliced, sweet corn and crushed new potato, very nice.
We left our tomatoes in the green house when we went away with upside down lemonade bottles, with a needle hole in each neck, filled them with water and they were fine, so we won't mind leaving them again.
I haven't sewn my quilt,  but have knitted a pr of socks and have one done of a second pair. I suddenly had this urge to finish my knitting WIPs
My arm is more or less the same, still useless, so depressing. I have blood tests tomorrow checking on my vit.D and B12 levels. I have taken the 4 week dose of vit D3. so hope that shows improvement. It is now 14 1/2 months since I broke my right arm!!
 
So  now we're out of the EU but life goes on; I am walking every day and have a new pretty walking stick as my third leg,  as I kept feeling I would fall again,  so this has given me confidence and I can fairly fly along with it.  My new pedometer records my steps, aerobic steps, miles and calories.. the most I did in one day was 1.4 miles but had a few rests through the walk. And although I managed to lose a pound in weight when we were away, I put on 2 1/2 the week we came back!  
It's been lovely to read all your blogs, sorry I haven't commented but I have admired the work you all do and love all the .... we're trying to save and be frugal blogs.. it makes me feel we're blasé about shopping, we buy what we like regardless of cost most  weeks.
Stay happy.

 
XX
 

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I am so sorry to hear there is no improvement with your arm Chris. I am so glad for your week away. That is great for you!
My orchids have been in bloom for almost 4 months straight now. I am so happy.

Julie said...

Your orchids looks beautiful, mine as just leaves at the moment.
That lettuce looks delicious.
{hugs} x

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like you a good week away. Sorry there has been no improvement with your arm. Isn't it wonderful to be eating the food from your garden, reaping the rewards of your work. Take care.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

That lettuce looks wonderful. I am also sorry to hear of your arm problems. I hope they figure something out for you.

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope the tests show some progress in the right direction. Beautiful orchids!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your orchids look good. I've visited Porthcawl a few times and have always liked it.