Tuesday 15 March 2016

Laughter heals


I chatted to an old school friend Terri yesterday  we had such  a laugh.  She and I were boarders together at school. She had sent me a card which was a painting she had done herself and had professionally printed so I phoned her. And we laughed and laughed. We went to local dances together in our teens and I reminded her of her orange coloured PVC jacket she always wore, that crackled as she walked and had that plastic scent,  so I used to say to her that you could smell her before you saw her! She is still a drama queen, just how she was when we were 15!
It was like we were young again talking to her. All those times remembered when 4 of us in our dorm eating biscuits and whispering after lights out, we thought it was so daring and naughty! NO, not 4 only 3 of us,  Michelle Donovan wouldn't as it was against the rules! How did I just remember that? Such lovely times remembering, we used to swoon reading Keats poetry and we said we would only marry someone  who was a romantic like him. What went wrong?  And also I had flowers from my friend Jenny in Australia! It was such a wonderful surprise, I had beautiful flowers from my two step daughters too.
I have had so many messages and phone calls, I have even had mails from my friends on holiday in Spain and a young couple I know from Church who are missionaries in Laos!!
It made me feel better and the pain is less except when I try to get out of bed, my body gets out but my arm stays behind! Ouch!!
But another day nearer to getting better.
Thank you for all your good wishes, I am blessed with wonderful friends.


XX



6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Laughter is a great healer and it seems you have a lot of friends to make you smile, you are truly blessed. Take care.

Poppypatchwork said...

Such a lovely happy post, I really hope you have turned the corner and are well on the way back to full health.

Julie said...

Laughter is the best medicine they say... how lovely you have kept in touch with a school friend all these years.
x

Vickie said...

Now this post made me smile Chris. :D Good!

Amy at love made my home said...

So wonderful that you are receiving so much love! I hope that it is helping to keep your spirits up! xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Pleased to read that you are recovering from your operation. Hopefully it won't be too long before getting out of bed is painless for you.