Wednesday 19 October 2011

A book cover!


I started this on tuesday and last night put in the final stitches.
It's a note book cover for my friend's birthday in December, so I am pleased to have got it done well in advance. She doesn't blog or even is that interested in computers so quite safe to show it here. I make her some thing every year and I saw this in a book and had a go!
The applique work was quite hard to do, well fiddly and I had two goes at the cat!
The note book its self is a 'catty' one with a different cat in each page. She loves cats
 Hope you recognised the suffolk puffs as the flower heads!

To make this now was all part of my Autumn promises, so I have now completed 5 of them, but failed on promising to not buy a book! It was 'The First Wife' by Emily Barr, who is
was my favourite author. This latest book was rubbish compared to her others, very disappointing.
Ah well at least I helped W H Smith's monthly profit as I haven't bought a book at the full price for some time.
I am now on my Christmas ornies.. 3 down 7 to go!!
Thank you for all the lovely comments about my ripple blanket, they are very much appreciated and a spur to try new things.
Happy stitching everyone..

13 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Chris, this is wonderful - lovely work! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled. :)

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely book - I'm sure your friend will be thrilled. Sorry you didn't like your latest book.

Leslie: said...

I love the book cover - I have a friend who loves cats and would love that book cover. By the way, just saw your ripple blanket and crocheted pillow...love them. One of my daughters received a gorgeous afghan from a client at work and she loves it! It's done in different shades of purple. I still have the one my grandmother made for me eons ago!

I've forgotten where you live and wanted to let you know that Lorne may be coming over to work at the Olympics - he's having a final skype interview soon. I'm trying to get the names of everyone I know over there so he can possibly visit when/if he ever gets a day off. I think you're within train distance of London, aren't you? Email me privately and we can "chat" through that.

Have a great day, Chris,

Leslie

Kate said...

Your book cover is fabulous - such a lovely idea for a gift.

Melanie said...

This is so fabulous!!!!

Julie said...

Very different, a super gift.

Blu said...

What a gorgeous book cover!

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your book.

Sue said...

Love the book cover Chris and the note book inside I'm sure your friend will love it.....x

Enchanted Oak said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog so I could find this lovely gift on a Saturday morning.

Anne Marieke said...

Lovely work, Chris! Is that a pattern by Lynette Anderson?

How is your Convent's Herbal Garden coming along? I hope you haven't given up on it altogether. That would be such a shame!

Hazel said...

Really lovely idea and very creative. Love it.

TammyK said...

Love the book cover. Awesome job :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Chris your journal cover is just so lovely....