Tuesday 13 September 2011

Stitching update

This is my Chatelaine Convent's Herbal Garden which I am struggling with.. I am sad to tell you that I am really not enjoying stitching this at all! I still have the very centre pic to finish but as its one over one I can only do this in bright sunlight!
 But I don't like the first few rounds of  colours as I think they are a bit muddy looking.. and because I didn't like the very bright blue fabric I bought I soaked it in hot water and I think the fabric shrunk, so I need my magnifying glass in the evenings... as well as that where do you put the beads as there are no numbers on any of my charts? Have I not down loaded it all?
I hope not as I bought it years ago.. so I am leaving it for a while.
I have emailed Martina via the Chatelaine yahoo group about the beads.
It cost quite a bit to buy all the silks so I don't want to abandon it but at the moment I could chuck it!
This is my light relief...... an easier stitching design.. although this week

I am going to do one block of my BOM.. This will be nice to do and although I find it hard I have realised that I can only do my best and if it isn't perfect it will still be my own efforts!
Why do I put myself through these challenges???
As for my Autumn promises I am on target, just!
Geraniums are potted up, and garden has had some work. I am losing weight albeit slowly and my sewing machine is out ready to use!
Happy Stitiching or crafting all
Happy Days!

7 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Love your Chatelaine Herbal Garden...but mercy that's a lot of color changing and stitching, I don't envy you one bit :) It will be GORGEOUS when it is completed so keep going, big cheers from my corner rooting you on :)

Katya said...

I once did one-over-one stitching, and I almost went cross-eyed. :)
But your garden is beautiful, and I join Vonna in saying - don't give up.

Kathy A. said...

Oh hon I am so sorry that you are struggling with it at the moment. I know that it will be worth it when you get past the first part. Will cheer you on.

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry it's not going as planned. What a bummer when that happens. If you're not feeling it though I can see why you put it away. Stitching is supposed to fun or, at the very least, enjoyable. :(

Carolyn NC said...

Love the HG - hope it gets easier! But you next one is also cute!

Joysze said...

Aww, I'm so sorry that you're not enjoying Convent. The colors are just amazing!!! :)

Stitchabilities said...

I think anyone who attempt those Chatelaines are very brave, it is not something I could do.


Thank you so much for the pin keep!!